If you're collaborating with a brand or agency on Campaigns where you'll be paid for your participation, you can see the details of your payments through your Creator Dashboard.
Checking your Payment Status
You can check for payment updates through the What's New section in your Creator Dashboard. Here's an example of what that might look like:
Checking your Payment History
You can also view a history of all your transactions along with the associated payment statuses through your Dashboard's Profile Information > Payment History tab:
Note: Your Profile Information page is accessible by clicking the profile image in the top right hand corner of your Dashboard.
Accessing your Payment Invoices
Depending on your partnering brand or agency, you may be able to download your invoices directly from your Profile Information > Payment History tab:
- In your Payment History tab, click the Next, or button, next to a transaction.
- Click the Download PDF, or , button.
- Name your file and select a folder on your device.
- Click Save.
Note: If the option to download the invoice from your Creator Dashboard is not available, please reach out to Support to request the file.
When you are working with a brand or agency on a paid opportunity, you should see the total payable amount listed at the top of your Campaign Details page:
Additionally, you can look out for the 'Get Paid' section on your Campaign Details page to see how your total payable amount breaks down:
In this example, you can click on the Earn up to $50 button to view the payment summary based on the Campaign Requirements. If the payments are split by post, you'll see multiple line items listed here:
Processing times can vary based on the form of payment that you selected. Here's what you can typically expect after the payment has been approved by your partnering brand or agency.
- E-Check: 4-5 business days
- Wire: 1 business day
▸ 7-10 business days in the US
▸ International payments can take longer, depending on your country
- ACH: 3-5 business days
- PayPal: 1-2 business days
If you are trying to change your original selected form of payment, please get in touch with your Campaign Manager at your partnering brand or agency as soon as possible.
If you selected Check as your payment method and over 10 business days have lapsed without receiving the check in the mail, you can request a Stop Payment with Support and payment will be reissued according to your updated payment details.
If you're expecting payment for your participation in a campaign, please provide the information listed in:
Visit our FAQs about Payments for information on timelines and how you can check your current payment status.
Section I: General Information
- Email address
- Signed W-9 (US) or W-8BEN (International)
- Bank account (Section II) or PayPal information (Section III)
Section II: Bank Account
- First and last name on the account (please enter this information exactly as it appears on your bank records)
- Name of the financial institution
- Routing number
- Account number (checking account only)
If selecting payment through a bank account, please provide a checking account only. Submitting information for a savings account will delay the process.
Section III: PayPal
- PayPal email
- First name registered in PayPal
- Last name registered in PayPal
To receive payment for a paid collaboration, you must fill out an IRS form. The IRS form required will depend on your location of residence.
Please fill out one of the listed IRS forms. After completing the form, upload the file to your Creator Dashboard with your partnering brand or agency – not the IRS.
The W-9 IRS form should be used for Creators residing in the United States. With this form, your partnering brand or agency will receive your Tax Identification Number – or TIN – for payment.
🌎 IRS.gov source: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Different fields must be completed when filing as a Creator (individual) or as a business. Below is a helpful checklist of fields and items to complete.
Individual / Creator:
☐ Fields #1 , #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
☐ Part 1 → Social Security Number
☐ Part 2 → Signature & date
☐ Fields #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
☐ Part 1 → Social Security Number & Employee Identification Number
☐ Part 2 → Signature & date
The W-8BEN IRS form is for Creators residing outside of the United States. With this form, your partnering brand or agency will receive information – like your Foreign Tax Identifying Information – for payment.
🌎 IRS.gov source: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
When selecting the W-8BEN, the Creator Dashboard will require you to provide a Certificate of No US Activities. In this step, select the check box and enter your legal name.
On the Identification of Beneficial Ownership (Part I) page, fill out your Legal Name and Address. Click Continue.
- On the subsequent page, select Check if FTIN not legally required. Do not fill out any other fields. As a general rule, wages earned by nonresident aliens for services performed outside of the United States for any employer are foreign source income and therefore are not subject to reporting and withholding of U.S. federal income tax. Click Continue.
- On the Claim of Treaty Benefits (Part II) page, leave all fields blank. Click Continue.
On the Certification (Part III) page, select all checkboxes. Indicate I am signing for myself and enter your Name and Contact email at the bottom of the page. Click Submit Form.
- When selecting the W-8BEN, the Creator Dashboard will require you to provide a Certificate of No US Activities. In this step, select the check box and enter your legal name.