If you're receiving an error message when trying to authenticate your social account(s), we're here to help! We'll review some error messages below and the ways you can troubleshoot.
Tip: Visit Connect Your Socials for step-by-step guides on linking different types of social platforms to your Link Accounts page.
There are two reasons you're receiving this error message:
- Instagram is set as a personal account.
Note: If you do not plan to update to a professional Instagram account, you can still add your username. However, you and your Campaign Manager will not receive most of these benefits.
To add your personal Instagram account:
- In your Link Accounts page, click (or + Add Another).
- Select Instagram.
- Hover over the new section and click Add account.
- Enter your username or the full URL of your Instagram account.
- Click (or Add) to confirm.
- A Facebook Page is not connected to your professional (business/creator) Instagram account.
Note: The Facebook Page can be blank and does not necessarily have to be active. A Page just needs to be connected to your professional Instagram account.
To fix this, you must:
- Update your Instagram account type to a business or creator account.
- Connect or create a Facebook Page through your Business/Creator account.
As a standard, most social platforms request that you review third-party permissions when linking your account with a partnering brand/agency. All permissions must be enabled to successfully authenticate your social accounts.
To fix this, there are two parts – Facebook and your Link Accounts page.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on Settings & Privacy.
- In the dropdown, select Settings.
- Click on Business Integrations.
- Find CreatorIQ.
- Click (or Remove).
- After removing CreatorIQ, navigate back to your Link Accounts page.
Note: Your Link Accounts is the page you received from your Campaign Manager to connect your social account(s).
- Hover over your Instagram handle and click (or x) to remove it.
- Click (or Add another).
- Select Instagram.
- Hover over the new section and link your Instagram account.
Note: We understand how important your data is, so we only collect read-only information. Please review our privacy practices for further information!
If you're still receiving this error message after double-checking that your username/URL is correct, please notify our Support Team for further assistance!