In order to link your Instagram account to your Creator Dashboard successfully, your Instagram account must be connected to a public Facebook Page. However, the Page does not necessarily have to be active or contain any information or posts.
Facebook Pages are different than profiles. Profiles focus on personal information (e.g. interests, hometown, current city) while Pages connect businesses and creators to their fanbase. Click here to learn more about the difference.
Link your Accounts within Instagram:
- Begin by opening the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- In the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap on your profile picture on the right.
- Click Edit Profile in your profile header.
- Under Profile Information, tap on Page.
- A pop-up will appear giving you the option to either Create Facebook Page or Connect existing Page. Select one of these options.
If you have an existing Page, it cannot be connected to two different Instagram accounts. We recommend linking one Page to one Instagram account only.
- Go through the setup process of connecting or creating your Page.
- Once successfully linked, your Facebook Page's name should now be listed under Profile Information.
Link your Accounts within Facebook:
To connect your Facebook page and Instagram account within Facebook follow the steps below:
Go to Facebook and click on Pages in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the page.
Select the page you want to use.
Scroll down to the navigation bar and click Settings.
Scroll down on the navigation bar to Instagram.
On the Connect to Instagram page, click on Connect Account.
Next, you'll be prompted to log into your Instagram account to complete the linking process.
If you're ready to connect your Instagram account, visit How do I link my Instagram Account? for next steps.