In the email you received from your partnering brand or agency, you'll likely see a Link Accounts button. Below we'll cover how you can successfully link your Instagram account to your Creator Dashboard so that brands and agencies can pull real-time metrics on posts and automatically collect Instagram Stories for your collaborative content. Since linking your Social Accounts helps make your partnerships much more seamless, it can also improve the chances that you'll be tapped for additional future opportunities!
⚠️ Prerequisites for linking your Instagram account ⚠️
Before we cover how to link your Instagram account, let's first ensure that the following prerequisites have been met:
You must have a Business or Creator Instagram account.
To learn how to switch your account type, visit How do I switch from a Personal to a Professional Instagram Account?
A public-facing Facebook Page must be linked to your Instagram account.
To learn how to link a Page to your Instagram account, visit How do I connect my Instagram Account to my Facebook Page?
How to Link Your Instagram Account
- Click on the Link Accounts button from your email invitation.
- Under Social Accounts, hover over the Instagram section.
- Click CONNECT; a new window should appear. Be sure that your browser allows pop-ups so you can proceed to the next step.
- In the new window, input your Facebook login credentials and accept all permissions.
- After logging in, you may be prompted to complete a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) step as an extra security measure. Your 2FA credentials must be entered to be able to successfully connect.
Due to Facebook's acquisition of Instagram, you'll be prompted to log in using your Facebook account. You have the option to review the third-party permissions that you'll be providing to your partnering agency or brand. All the permissions must be enabled to successfully connect your account. The data that is collected will be read-only. Visit How do we protect your data privacy? for further information on our privacy practices.
Next, you should receive the following confirmation that your Facebook Page has been successfully linked:
- A and will appear next to your Instagram username on the Social Accounts page
- A green notification will appear to let you know that your account was successfully linked 🎉